Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Well hello! And welcome to our blog.  Our being myself (Amy), Erin and Jana.  We are three early twenties ladies who are sick of being chubby.  And what better way to start off the New Year by attempting to kill ourselves with misery for 4 months, am I right?

It all began one day when I was bitching complaining to Jana about the weight I'd gained at my new job.  I went from being on my feet all day every day, to sitting on my butt for at least 10 hours a day (1 hour commute each way, 8 hour shift.  FUN) and I put on a lot of weight.  You can see the stretch marks on my thighs from space.  So Jana, being the media-following girl she is, says to me "why don't we do the Biggest Loser" and I go "I don't know what that means".  Basically we decide hey, let's compete against one another to lose weight and gain money. BAM. Good idea!  It started out us two, paying $1 for each pound the other girl loses, and $1 for each cheat (my biggest problem).  Running from the New Year to our invented holiday at the end of April, Hallogivmas.

Erin then texts me and says "hey let's lose weight together in the New Year" and I go oh heyyyyaaa join our Biggest Loser! So now she's in and designed our blog because she's good at internets.  So the new rules are as follows (in case you can't read the note pad)

Erin pays for my lost weight
I pay for Jana's
Jana pays for Erin's
(because we're all too broke to pay for both peoples weight loss)

We get one cheat day a month.  I know it says every second Wednesday but personally we're each allowed to make our own decisions about it.  If a set date works for one, go for it.  Personally I'm going to just choose a day each month, whether it's something like my birthday dinner (February) or date night with my man, whatever. We still only get one.

We pay $1 into the pot as well if we eat too much cheat food, eat fast food or eating cheat day food when it's not our cheat day. Stuff like that, you understand.
Though we are allowed small amounts (like 100 calorie convenient bags of chips?) every once in a while, when you NEED THEM.  And let's face it... we need our chocolate. And occasional chips.  And pop with alcohol. And I wonder why I'm fat....

Whoever loses the most weight by Hallogivmas (I bet you're wondering what that is now) gets all the money in the pot: Our combined weight losses, plus any cheats I've we've paid for. And then we party.

We're sharing this blog to keep track, check in, and make fun of ourselves.  Expect my updates to be all over the place as I am incapable of following a thought through.

Good luck to my girls! We're doing it from afar since Jana lives in Ottawa and Erin and I rarely see one another due to my work and her work being separately lame.  Also, download the My Fitness Pal app. Just saying.

LET'S DO THIS

No comments:

Post a Comment