Friday, January 14, 2011

And the Days fly by...

Is it really Friday already? Wow. I am finding it easier to make and pack lunches. I was starving almost all weekend last week because I was out of groceries. I went grocery shopping on monday night (I think) and got some tasty stuff.

When I came home from grocery shopping, I made up little "snack packs" for my lunches. I bought little brown bags and have filled each with a juice box, and 2 snacks. These snacks include: vanilla pudding cups, apple sauce, fruit-to-go bars, chocolate chip granola bars, nutrigrain bars, and thinsations of various varieties. In a couple of bars, I put a surprise, like a couple of individual koolaid packettes or mini chocolate bars I had left over. Its been helpful so far. I also got some beefaroni and KD cups in the event that I do not have left overs to pack in my lunch or don't get around to making it.

Last night I went out for dinner with my cousin and I had fajitas and water. I thought I did pretty good, but I still managed to go over on my cals, carbs, fat, and sodium. I went over by around 350cals. After discussing this with Amy, we have decided that I do not owe $1. Why? because I have been under the last 3 days in a row by about 300. I have been more active this week as I have to walk to the bus and back for school. Today, I got off the bus a stop early just to put in a little m0re walking. One average this walking burns 150cals a day for me. I haven't been doing a lot of extra exercise, as when I am not at school, I am usually working, or just too burnt out. Also, it is difficult for me to get access to my Wii Fit or Just Dance. This is because to have enough room, it has to be in the living room.... There always seems to be someone in the living room because I live with 4 other people. At least I can always push myself into the kitchen to make food :)...

Sodium still seems to be my rival. I have been going through my logs on MyFitness, but there is no huge underlining foodstuff that I eat on a regular basis that is contributing to this overage. I think that maybe just the combination of all the foods I consistently eat add up to push me over. I have went over my sugars so far today, mainly due to my citrus punch juice box and yogurt drink... damn you juice! Other then that the only other stuff I go over is vitamin C, which makes no difference, as my body will just discard what I don't need. I still cannot decide what I will be making for dinner, but it will probably include some caesar salad and green olives (which will probably push my sodium over the edge of the cliff :s).

Unlike Erin and Amy, I prefer not to weigh myself during the week. It is my release on Sunday when I can step on the scale and know I did well. My pants I got for Christmas are falling over my ass... I am going to have to shrink them in the dryer. I think I can see some changes, my chin seems to be getting slimmer, and the top of my stomach flatter. This all my be an illusion or just happy thoughts, either way it makes me feel better about myself. Hopefully I start to see more changes and more rapid weight loss in order to keep me motivated, as well as these ladies.

Anyway, thats all for me today. I should really be paying attention in class, but we have already learnt this stuff, so I shouldn't be to behind when I tune back in. I will check in again Sunday or Monday and let you know how much more I have lost and what I did right and wrong at the end of the week.

Over and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment