Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6: So Far So Good

So I haven't updated in a couple of days. It's been a bit of a struggle still realizing what I can and cannot eat to stay within my calorie range (1200/day). But yesterday was my first day going over, after my chicken quesadilla for dinner. I only went over by 153 calories though, so my My Fitness Pal app didn't yell at me.

This app is seriously amazing. Using it has really made me realize just how many calories I take in on a normal day. My breakfast alone would be almost 500 calories a normal day due to large portions of cereal and 2 glasses of tea. It's down to 230 now for my everyday work breakfast. With snacks and everything I was going way over. But now that I have this app, I've really had it brought to my attention how I snack too much!

Also, doing this with friends? SERIOUSLY better than doing it alone! My girls here keep me in track through this blog and we talk about what we've eaten or if we've exercised (I've only taken one day off all week!), plus 2 of my girlfriends at work are also dieting. Donna is doing Weight Watchers for the second time and she's got some tips and tricks when it comes to watching how you eat and how much you're allowed to cheat. Crystal downloaded the MyFitnessPal app as well and we often compare our lunches and planned dinners and how it affects our calorie intakes for the day. It really helps to know I'm
Not the only person around doing this and having other people to compare and give food ideas.

I'm not excited for my weigh-in ok Sunday (especially considering my scale-on-drugs), but I'm at least optimistic. And that's saying something, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment