Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Unhealthy Way of Weightloss

So about two weeks ago, I came home from my internship to find that my niece and 6 month old nephew had come down with the stomach flu, shortly followed by my other nephew the next day. And since I, like most sane human beings, dislike the idea of vomitting, I chose to avoid them (which is easy since I'm usually out of the house and they stay out of my room). A couple days later my mom comes home early with the same symptoms and my brother stayed home from his classes that day. Its a bit harder to avoid them, but I tried my hardest. A week passed and my father, sister-in-law and I remained unaffected by the illness, so I thought I was home free.

Until Tuesday this week.

I should have realised something was up on Monday when I couldn't finish my brocoli, as it made me gag. I blindly assumed that I was just over full. I hadn't been expecting the food my mom had made me, so I'd eaten only an hour beforehand, so it really wasn't that unreasonable to assume. Until the next morning when I woke up around 5:30 with and upset stomach. I thought maybe I was just really hungry, since I hadn't eaten anything other than a small amount of popcorn since about 4 the day before. But I was wrong.

While I don't exactly understand why it took me 2 weeks to finally get sick, I do count myself rather lucky in the fact that it hit me early after a day where I hadn't had much to eat later in the day. I was sick first thing in the morning, so I emptied out right away, then knew better than to try eating anything, thus avoiding that unpleasantness for the most part.

However it's two days later. I was only sick that one time, but my stomach is just not my friend. I haven't really eaten that much of substance in almost 3 days. Little things, here and there. And even though I'm hungry, when I look at food, its just sooooooo unappealing. I feel sick thinking about actually ingesting anything. Its a problem.

However I'm trying to look on the bright side. I think I might have gained a pound or so with cheat week and Vday, but now I've lost like.... 3 or 4. Not that I condone not eating as a solution to weightloss. I just really need something to make me feel better, so let me have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment