Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cheat!!

Oops! I cheated again last night. To be fair, I didn't go over by too much... but Brad and I went to Pizza Hut and while I just had a personal pan pizza, I had 3 cheesy breadsticks, and those are like.. 130 calories PER BREADSTICK! Isn't that ridiculous? Amazingly deliciously ridiculous? hah. I then followed it with 5 rye and cokes. So I went over my calories by quite a bit, so I am definitely counting it as a cheat night.

Worth it though. I've been doing a lot of reading on random things, like which exercises are best and if cheat foods really hurt, blah blah, and while a lot of the information I'm reading in on My Fitness Pal and input by users and not professionals, I've done some on like... the Globe and Mail as well and they all say the same thing: cheating every once in a while, or fitting the food you love that you would consider cheat food INTO your diet, will help you be more successful than depriving yourself of all the things you love. Because if you have say... 9 mini eggs a day (100 calories! I know!) and you don't go over your daily intake, you're less likely to sit down one day and eat half a giant bag of them in one sitting. By allowing yourself some foods every once in a while and making it fit into your diet, you're less likely to binge one day and go WAYYY over.

These are the things I tell myself whenever I eat the food I think is bad for me, but fits into my calories haha. But I'm doing really well! I didn't lose any weight my birthday weekend but I definitely didn't expect to, and last week I lost 3 lbs! In total I'm at almost 10 lbs. I'm pretty proud of myself. I also got a YMCA membership the other day, since I bought my new car and can actually drive myself to the gym after work... I much prefer the gym to working out at home. There are some videos and stuff I like to do at home, and I also just bought a Wii Fit (hoping I don't forget about it and it wasn't a waste of money...) but I love the ellipticals at the gym. I burn 50% more calories on an elliptical than I do on a treadmill, and I find I can be on them longer because they don't hurt my feet and they have little TV's attached so I can watch whatever I want while I work out. There are also strength machines at the YMCA that I LOVE, so that's a bonus :)

All in all... things are looking up! I've noticed actual physical changes in my body. My stomach and boobs are shrinking, and the little underboob rolls are half the size. I'm feeling good, I'm looking good... things are coming up Milhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment